Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Boyd Orchard

Melissa and Clayton came on Saturday to visit and stayed until Monday morning. On Monday, they left early to drive to Virginia to visit Melissa's friend Courtney, her husband Nathan and their new baby Sophia. Sophia is two weeks old and I hope Melissa takes pictures while they are there so I can see what she looks like! They will be back here on Wednesday and will fly back to Iowa on Saturday.

We are hoping to get a babysitter for Friday night so we can go out to dinner for my birthday. We will know on Wednesday whether or not the girl, who is a high school student, will be able to babysit or not. She came at the recommendation of our neighbors Dick and Kim, who we love and who are awesome. They also recommended another high school girl, so I am excited that we might have a babysitter once in awhile.

On Sunday, we made a trip to a nearby apple orchard per my request. I want it to become a family tradition to go to an orchard every year and buy apples, apple cider, pumpkins and whatever else catches my eye. Since it was a relatively nice day (it ended up being a little chilly because it got cloudy), I wanted to go on Sunday in case there aren't any more nice days this fall. I can't wait until Ben is old enough to ride the wagon and pick our own apples. I bought some apples and a caramel apple. Nathan got an apple dumpling, a cider doughnut, and apple cider to try. They were all yummy but the star of the show was definitely the apple dumpling, which had caramel sauce on top. It was delicious and I am not a huge fan of cooked apples!!!

We took a few pictures while we were at the orchard. We took pictures of Melissa and Clayton too, but we took them on Melissa's camera, so I don't have any of them to post right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment