Monday, February 4, 2013

Annabella Marie

Welcome Annabella Marie, born at 5:35am on December 25, 2012!

She weighed 7 pounds, 7 ounces and she was 19.5 inches long.

Her birth story is pretty short and sweet. My water broke on Christmas Eve at around 8:30pm. I called the on-call doctor and they told me to head to the hospital. Luckily my mom and Nate's parents were visiting for Christmas so they could watch Ben. Actually Ben was asleep when we left so he had a really big surprise on Christmas morning! Fortunately, we had decided to open gifts Christmas Eve morning and Santa came early just for Ben! We arrived at the hospital at around 9:30pm. I got my epidural when I was dilated to 5. It was sometime after 11pm I think. I rested while everything progressed. The nurse checked me again around 5am and I was ready to go. After 15 minutes of pushing, Miss Annabella made her debut! Since neither of us had any major complications, we went home on Wednesday! Everyone we have talked to were shocked that we went home so soon! I was very sleep deprived since I only got about 4 hours of sleep in 48 hours! Bella had slightly elevated bilirubin levels at the hospital so she had to get labs drawn again on Friday. Her blood coagulated so they weren't certain about her results so we were told to just watch her over the weekend and call if her color worsened. Talk about a paranoid, tired, nervous, hormonal momma!!! I feel bad for everyone who was around me that weekend! We have been blessed with a very calm, quiet baby! Ben is an amazing big brother!






No comments:

Post a Comment